Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby Shower

The night before we left home two fabulous ladies (Julie Zirker & Karen Garner) from my home ward threw me a baby shower. We played a really cute game that I was terrible at and had lots of delicious treats. I debated for a long time which cute baby gifts I should put on my blog, because although there were soo many that I loved, there was just no way I could have a picture of all of them. So, just to try to be fair somehow I decided I would just go with the tiny adorable shoes I can't get over and the presents from my mom and Drew's mom. Thank you so much everyone that came and everyone that was so generous to help us start getting together all the babies things we need!!

I LOVE tiny baby shoes! They just kill me. I should have put something next to these so you could see the scale. They are all just a little bigger than the palm of my hand.

These are the things my mom got me. I realized later that I mixed up the pink sweater my mom actually gave me that has brown trim with this one, but they were both so cute, and I have given my mom credit for an extra pair of shoes...lucky! :) (Notice the ruffles on the bum of the green outfit. Totally necessary!!)

Drew's mom made both of these amazing blankets. I knew before the shower about the top blanket, but was totally shocked at the shower to find out she had been sneaking around behind my back making the bottom quilt when I wasn't around. It was such a great surprise! I love it. While the quilt is still packed safely in a box, I have left the blanket out and it floats around my apartment reminding me how much I can't wait to wrap my tiny bundle in it.

5 comments:

Sam said...

I love baby shoes too, especially little girl's shoes. Does it seem more real that you are having a baby now that you have all this baby stuff?

Kemp and Whitney said...

Aw! So cute! Hey, email me your address so I can send you something :) whitneylgoodwin@gmail.com

Sharee said...

So cute...I love girl stuff! They are so much easier to shop for because every store is like 80% girl vs. boy. I can't wait to see her when she comes!

Chelsea said...

You got some really great things! Baby shoes are seriously the cutest ever! Hope your pregnancy is going well. Oh, and back to those age spots, I know pregnant women are more prone to getting them from the sun, so just be careful how much sun you get this summer....I didnt get them when I was pregnant, but my sister did. FYI. Take care!

Caralee and Jon said...

You got way cute stuff!! I cant wait to see your little bundle too!!