Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Mom!

It has been a week since my mom went home and it's hard for me to believe I have survived without her! I seriously can't see how anyone survives having a baby (especially their first baby) without their mom. It was so great to have her here. Not only did I have a baby, but I had to move, and I barely lifted a finger. She and Drew packed our whole apartment. She stayed up with the baby when she cried and let me get some extra sleep (I'm especially missing that part!) and we ate like kings for those two weeks (oh wait I'm especially missing that part too)! When we got to Pittsburgh we thought we had an apartment all lined up, but when we actually saw it and found out it was in the middle of the ghetto it was back to the drawing board which was almost more stressful than I could handle. My mom paid for a hotel for us and helped us search for a different apartment and helped lower my stress level significantly, something she has been having to deal with my entire life unfortunately :). My kitchen and a lot of the other places in my apartment are put together and organized thanks to her too. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but the last thing I will mention is that she helped me figure out how to take care of Darcy in a million little ways.

I am so grateful for my mom and that she was so willing to come and help us and have fun with us for those two weeks. We couldn't have done it without her. Love you Mom!
My mom and Darcy hanging out on the couch.

My mom and Darcy at the APX pool party. Darcy was six days old.

My mom's specialties are breads and pies. I wish I had a better picture of this one. The crust was perfectly golden and flaky. The best chicken pot pie ever!

Waffles with peaches and whipped cream for breakfast...delectable! (Another morning we had waffles with some delicious mixed berry sauce my mom made up.)
Seriously the best apple pie ever! (My mom said because I was nursing I was extra hungry and all the food was more exciting to me than normal, but it really was just delicious.)

One of the many fabulous batches of banana muffins.

4 comments:

Laura Howe said...

That is awesome. You gotta Love the food! Darcy looks so tiny in the picture on the couch. Moms are the best.

Chelsea said...

Moms are the best. I learned so many little things from my mom when I had Bens too. Baby is adorable. Let me know if you are ever in Utah, I would love to meet her, and see ya!

Kristen and Alex said...

I totally agree with you! I was so sad when my mom left. She did so much for me and Delson when he was first born and even before he arrived. Moms are the best and I don't think I could have done it without my mom either. My mom stayed up at night with the baby while he was crying so that I could sleep and relax, and that was the best thing she could have done. I know exactly how you feel. I'm glad she got to help for so long. I balled when she left. I hope she can come and help again when the next baby comes. I don't think I'll be able to do that one without her either.

I really want to see Darcy in person! She is so beautiful. We find out in a few weeks what we are having and I'm hoping maybe you broke the streak of boys and that I can have a girl now. :)

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm glad you had your mom come. Its so hard. How are you handleing things? It takes a while to get used to things. I bet you are doing great though~