Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ode to the In-Laws!

This post has been a long time coming...way too long!! As I have mentioned a few times before, within 9 days of each other we had a baby and moved from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, two major things that by themselves would have been overwhelming. How did we manage to get all of our things from Washington to Pittsburgh when we were living in Philadelphia? Drew's amazing parents!! Almost no one else in the whole world would have volunteered to drive an uncomfortable moving truck all the way across the country for someone else. When they told us they were going to do that I was in shock. What a huge gift! Not only did they drive across the country with our things, but they helped us search for housing after I pulled a fast one on everyone, they unloaded the truck and unpacked boxes (Becky even insisted that I sit down and not lift a finger), fed us, helped take care of the baby, and a bunch of other things that are all so amazing.

Drew is so lucky to have them for parents, I am so lucky to have them as in-laws, and now Darcy is so lucky to have them for grandparents. Thank you so much Neil and Becky! We love you.

P.S. I have been kicking myself for not taking any pictures of Darcy with them when they were here. They got Darcy this cute onsie that says, "someone at Carnegie Mellon loves me", so that was going to be the picture for this post. I tried to make this post a few days ago but when we went to take the picture she spit-up all down the front of her shirt. Sad! So that was the reason for the delay.
Out of all the pictures we took this was the best one. I tried to make it so you could see the words on her shirt better, but it just wasn't working out. If you zoom in you can see much better.

1 comment:

Haley Webb said...

I love this one of her, you can see her cute little face and see what she looks like a little better. I love wondering what they are thinking, she is studying you trying to figure out what is going on.