Saturday, August 15, 2009

Photo Shoot!

I just barely took these pictures but I was so excited about the outcome I couldn't wait to post them. I have seen lots of pictures lately of babies in baskets and loved them. I really was wanting someone who knows what they're doing to take some pictures of Darcy, but I don't know anyone here in Pittsburgh and I don't really have any money to spare at the moment either. Anyway, today since Drew is home I had him help me put together a little set and we took some pictures. I just can't help but be soo proud of myself for how they turned out!! :) Isn't my baby the cutest thing in the whole world!? She was so good for the whole thing. Enjoy!

Also, yesterday I took Darcy for her first checkup. We went to a one week checkup in Philadelphia, but when we walked into the pediatricians office (in the ghetto...I did not realize this was the place I had chosen) I got a huge pit in my stomach because it was nasty in there and it was filled with some sketchy people. I honestly felt like crying at the thought of taking my new baby to see a doctor there. There was a man guarding the door to the back rooms...do people try to rush the doctors or something?! After sitting there for a minute my mom leaned over to me and said, "You don't have to stay here you know." What a thought! I jumped right up and headed out the door. Scary! So we ended up having her first checkup at two weeks instead. That was a long story to get to the point....At two weeks and one day old she weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. and was 21 inches long. She has gained over a pound! The doctor said that was phenomenal, so we'll keep stuffing her face I guess. :)

P.S. The first one is our favorite. We're going to have it blown up. Click on it for a better look.


13 comments:

farrers said...

what a cutie!! You are also quite the photographer! How is Pittsburg? Hows your apartment ect.!

Jennes said...

Wow Lindsey, these are so cute! I am glad you were able to do something. You'll have to tell me how you did it and got the black background etc. She just gets cuter every day!

Mrs. Haynie said...

what great pictures! she is adorable!

JaMie said...

Awesome job Linds! They look great! You are such a good mom!

Laura Howe said...

You're a natural!

Kemp and Whitney said...

I love the basket idea! so cute!

Kristen and Alex said...

Lindsey....she is adorable and you did a great job taking the pictures. I am jealous. I wish I could take pictures that good looking. We have a great camera, but I am not a photographer, so you will have to give me some tips. She is beautiful and I love all of her dark hair.

Danny & Branae Porter said...

OH she is so adorable! All the wives miss her already..

ashmarie said...

oh my gosh lindsey she is gorgeous! I miss you so much and am determined to reunite with you and your precious baby. I knew you were going to be the best mommy ever!

Collin and Tiffany said...

Wow Lindsey you did so good!! And she is SO cute!! You don't need a professional photographer cause you are great and have a nice camera too!!

The Dixon's said...

That is such a good idea to do it yourself!! They look so good! I want to hire you to do mine! :)

The Dixon's said...

They look so good! I never thought of doing pics like that myself! You have inspired me!! :)

Heidi said...

so cute, you did a great job. we miss you guys and hope all is well.