Monday, March 21, 2011

Update

We have had a busy last few days. Friday we went and did a walk-through in our house and finalized some details. Nick spoke in church on Sunday so we got to go home and spend time with lots of my family. Sunday night Drew's parents had a fireside at their house where a couple in their ward who just went to the Holy Land talked about their adventures there. It was a great weekend. It would have been even better if Darcy and I had taken a nap here and there. :) We slept long and hard last night.

Here are some pictures of the progress on our house. We were shocked when we drove by and saw how much they had done in just a few days. This was a couple weeks ago.

This was just this past Friday.

Darcy had her first ponytail this week! It doesn't really last, but it was fun to try.

After I took pictures of Darcy out on the balcony she kept grabbing the camera and sitting out on the balcony for more pictures. Here she is doing "the wheels on the bus" ... her favorite!

Whenever I open the fridge Darcy dashes in and steals the block of cheese. This day I told her I wasn't going to cut her any, but obviously I wasn't really paying attention and I went on to do something else instead of putting the cheese back. I found her a little bit later helping herself to some.

A girl after her dad's heart. They love their cheese!

On Saturday my family went to check out the Ginkgo petrified forest. It's only about 20 minutes from where I grew up, but I had never been there. It wasn't the most thrilling hike, but it was interesting and it was really nice to get outside to spend some time in the sun.

A close-up of some petrified wood.

We had a family/friend dinner after church yesterday and I was so excited to see my cousin Colton walking in wearing the same coat as my Grandpa (This coat is a classic! I think my Grandpa has had it or one like it for the last 50 years maybe.) My Grandma told me he buys multiples. I loved it!

4 comments:

Kristen and Alex said...

Yeah for the house coming along! That is so exciting! It looks fantastic! And I LOVE Darcy's ponytail....it is adorable!

Brittany said...

love the pony!!! and the house is coming along so fast. so exciting. you will be in there before you know it!

Heidi said...

Wow I have been behind on blogs, and you have a lot of great new news. Congrats on the baby, and the house. EXCITING! That is exciting that Nick is home! Looks like you are really busy and having a lot of fun.

Crystal said...

SO excited about your house! We are excited to have you move into our ward! Your little one is so cute!