Friday, July 1, 2011

First Boating Adventure

Last weekend we got to go out on Drew's parents' new boat. It was the first time in a long time for us, and besides the fact that it was a little chilly out it was a lot of fun. Darcy was kind of in a daze the whole time, partly because she needed a nap and partly because she seemed unsure about the whole thing. She was happy to sit on our laps the whole time which she generally doesn't do. It was a really nice day outside, but not really hot and the water was FRIGID! Only Drew and our sister-in-law Misty were willing to get in. I could barely stand to touch my toe in the water. Darcy eventually fell asleep in my arms and I almost had Drew take a picture, but I was in a swimming suit and no one wants to see that! Trust me! :)

Drew and Darcy on the boat. I posted some of these pictures on facebook and Haley said this was the best picture ever and she convinced me. I am really in love with it.

Justin driving the boat and Becky doing her duty as the flag holder.

Darcy and me.

Misty's reaction to the cold water. Yikes!

Misty jumping. She's got skills!

Misty carving.

A family picture on the boat.

Posing.

Cheese!

Drew's reaction to the water. This picture makes me shudder at the thought of that ice cold water!

Drew got hurt last time he was on a wakeboard so he decided to take it a little easier his first time out this year. Maybe only the pros would know that this was taking it easy.

Drew carving.

Drew jumping.

Drew happy to be done and still alive. :)

And since I don't want to forget these tidbits and I don't have a full post on the subject I just wanted to jot down a few things going on with Darcy these days.

- She says "watch" when she wants you to look at her and what she's doing. I hear "mom watch" a hundred times during the day.

- She is talking up a storm, but I usually have to act as her interpreter when she's talking to other people.

- She answers "yeah" to every question she's asked. She doesn't know "no" yet and we think that's ok for now.

- She continues to be obsessed with my sister "Ash" and she talks about her all day every day.

- She is really into books.

1 comment:

Kristen and Alex said...

Boating is the best! SO FUN....but the freezing water is not cool. And I bet you look just fine in a bathing suit. You are an adorable pregnant lady. I LOVE Darcy's sunglasses!