Monday, September 19, 2011

1 Month!

We had Ezra's 1 month checkup today. He had a shot and he hated it and I hated it. He only cried for a minute but his lower lip spent a long time hanging out afterwards. Broke my heart. I love this little man. I was really worried about juggling two kids and we have had our moments, but it has been much easier than I expected because he has been so good.

Things we want to remember about Ezra's first month :

- He is a big boy! 12 lbs 4 oz (95th percentile). The nurses weighed him a couple different times because they couldn't believe how much weight he had gained. He was a little over 22 inches long which is only around the 50th percentile. His head circumference was 16 inches and they measured that 3 times because they couldn't believe how big his head was either. Darcy was always like this so I wasn't shocked at all and it was funny for me to watch them make such a big deal out of it.

- He is such an awesome sleeper. For the most part he sleeps from around 9 to 9 and only wakes up once. He always takes one really long nap in the middle of the day. There was a little part of me that was worried that he slept so much, but the doctor said he was perfectly healthy today so I'm just going to be happy that he's such a good sleeper.

- He is getting really good at holding his head up.

- He does lots of grunting.

- We have had a couple moments when it seemed like he was smiling on purpose. He always looks worried so I am really looking forward to when he starts smiling so I will know he is happy sometimes.

- He has an awesome old man hair line and his roots are blonde.


You can kind of see his worried look and his old man hair line in this picture. :)

He looks huge in this picture! He really seems tiny to us still.

Haha! He does a lot of this too. It's just too hard to keep those eyes straight.

4 comments:

Sharee said...

Oh he is such a cutie! I was laughing at the crossed eyes picture...so funny! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Laura Howe said...

oh my goodness!! they change so fast. He's so cute, I can't wait to see pictures of his rolls as they start to form. :)

Brittany said...

he is getting SO big! love it. so glad to hear things are going well. we all love and miss you tons!

Heidi said...

He is so cute, I can not believe he is already one month old!