Thursday, October 20, 2011

2 Months

With Darcy I always wanted to have her doctor's appointment right on the month mark so I would know her stats exactly on those days, but then I decided after a few months of that that it wasn't really that important, and she ended up having shots on her birthday so I have changed things up with Ezra. So, now he is two months and eight days. I was just looking at pictures of Darcy at two months and although her and Ezra look similar, she was just a lot chubbier! At least in the face and legs. I ended up using the Babywise book around six months for Darcy and I started using it from the very beginning with Ezra. I think it has made all the difference in the world. I have decided though that I'm pretty sure I was doing everything wrong with Darcy and that's why she was miserable which made us miserable. It breaks my heart, because I think she was just tired all the time, and I didn't know how to help her then. Oh, I have guilt! Anyway, Ezra is just such a happy baby and I love him. Lots.

Some things we want to remember about Ezra's second month:

- 14 lbs 4 oz (95th %) 22 1/2 inches (25-50 % (Why can't they narrow that down a little?))

- He loves to talk. He talks so much and it is my favorite thing! I could just sit and listen to him make his cute little baby noises all day long. It is SO cute.

- He has regressed a little with sleeping. Sometimes he still only wakes up once at night, but sometimes he wakes up twice and I'm not a big fan. He started waking up from naps after 45 minutes (called the 45 minute intruder according to Babywise). So we have been letting him cry in out the past couple weeks and it is so hard! I hate hearing him cry like that, but I think he's working back into a good schedule now, and he is so much happier when he sleeps so it's worth it.

- He is so smiley.

- He watches the TV. I don't think I like it. Darcy has gotten into Dora lately and when Drew watches sports he is glued to the TV. He smiles and talks to the TV. (That part is kinda cute.)

- He still gets mauled regularly by Darcy. Mostly it's love, but yesterday she bit his nose (I really don't think she's trying to be mean. It seems like it's just curiosity.) and left teeth marks. His cry was so sad.





I know there are diapers in the back, but I kind of LOVE this picture!

1 comment:

Sharee said...

Wow! He is a big boy like Case. He was always in the 95% and higher too. Case also is always bugging Miles...unfortunately Miles doesn't like to be too close to Case. He is really good at playing it up:)