Monday, October 24, 2011

The Country Mercantile

This Saturday we went to the Country Mercantile that isn't far from our house. The main thing we were going for was the pumpkin patch but I told Haley we were going there and she told me not to buy pumpkins because my mom had tons growing in her garden. So we didn't buy pumpkins, but there were lots of other things to do there. Of course Ezra had no idea what was going on, but we really thought Darcy would love it all. She really didn't seem to care about any of it though. Maybe next year she will think it's more exciting. Drew and I thought it was a really fun thing to do as a family.

We got there early to beat the crowd and it was a good thing we did. We got to hurry and get everything done and just as we were finishing up it started getting really packed. This is Drew with the kiddos in front of some of the vendors, but most of them weren't even set up when we first got there.

We thought Darcy would like walking through the straw maze, but she seemed a little nervous about the whole thing and asked me to pick her up. We just hurried through it.

I took Darcy on the little kid roller coaster, which is honestly the only kind of roller coaster I am ok with. After the first drop Darcy said, "Darcy done!" (We are working on moving away from talking in the third person :) Every turn and bump and every time we went on that drop again she would tell me she was done again. I was worried she would start crying, but she never did. She wasn't a fan though.

This was something she liked a little better, but she still wasn't really that excited about it.

Going down the slide.

We were the only ones on the airplane. I decided to ride with her, but it really wasn't made for someone my size. It killed my knees! Darcy wasn't a big fan of this either. She told me she was done after a couple times around, so after a couple more times around I just told the guy to stop.

She maybe kind of liked the carousel. We were the only people on this one too.

I wanted Darcy to smile big for the camera so I started fake laughing really hard and it definitely got her laughing and smiling, but not really toward the camera.

I really thought Darcy would like the petting zoo, but once again she wasn't into it. We took her out of the stroller when we first got in there, and she wanted right back in. They had signs that said, "pet at your own risk." Drew went to pet the pony and it turned and snapped at him. He kept trying and the pony kept trying to bite him. We saw him do the same thing to another guy. I hope no kids tried.

There were lots of people climbing to the top of this hay bale stack so Drew decided to take Darcy up. She didn't hate it but didn't love it either. Haha. We tried right?!

At the very top.

Then we went out in the pumpkin patch really just to take pictures. I LOVE this picture of Drew and Darcy.

Darcy and I did some staged walking up and down the rows holding hands. :)

I had Drew stand behind me and fake laugh, and we got this amazing picture of Darcy. I think it is so cute!

Another cute one.

I really wanted to have a family picture at the pumpkin patch, but Ezra was sleeping and I was not interested in waking him up.

Done for the day.

We were in Mattawa for the weekend and we grabbed some pumpkins from my parents' garden. Tonight for Family Home Evening Drew and Darcy (really just Drew) carved one of them.

The scary pumpkin!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

so cute!!! i can't believe darcy wasn't all over that, looks like fun to me! :) and tell me about the stroller you have. it looks really cool! do you guys like it?

Sharee said...

That is a great pumpkin patch! Great pictures. We need to do a family picture but Bryce is never with us!

Laura Howe said...

I love that picture of Drew and Darcy! I love the staged walking and that you fake laugh to make her laugh. :) You are looking HOT Linz!!

Kristen and Alex said...

Lindsey....you look AMAZING having just had a baby! And we LOVE the country mercantile. It is awesome! Glad you guys enjoyed it too!