Sunday, June 3, 2012

Family Pictures

I have been dreaming of having great family pictures taken for a long time now, and last weekend that dream came true! Sounds dramatic, but I'm pretty serious here. I don't know why pictures are such a big deal to me, but these are now one of my most prized possessions. The pictures of my kids about make me cry. My good friend/Drew's cousin's wife Sarah took them for us and did the most amazing job! I honestly can't say enough how much fun it was to have her do this and how much I love how they turned out. Check out her awesome blog http://www.mattawamum.com/.

I was really pretty stressed about the whole thing for the week leading up to this. I was worried about what we should wear, whether the weather would cooperate or not, and whether or not my kids (and Drew and I) would cooperate and be happy. I kept wondering if it was a silly thing to pray about, but I still prayed my heart out that everything would come together and I honestly felt like my prayers were answered. We were going to get together at 6:30, and all day before that it was really windy and cloudy, but right around six the wind died down and the sun came out and the weather was so perfect. It felt like such a tender mercy to me. Then on top of that, both of my kids cooperated wonderfully. YAY! Thanks a million Sarah!

Get ready for picture overload! (Everyone has probably already seen these on facebook, but I had to post them on the blog!)

Oh! And if anyone out there has an opinion about which is the best group shot I would love to hear it, because so far, this is as far as I could narrow it down. It's impossible to choose! I need a big one for my wall.












  






















5 comments:

Kelcie said...

Love love love! I need some new family pictures. They turned out great!

Tiffany Cramer said...

wow! you guys look great. we have the same obsession...I can't get enough pictures of my kids. we are still talking about WA every day. Maybe someday our dreams will come true...

Kristen and Alex said...

The pictures of Darcy and Ezra are SUPER sweet. Sarah did a really REALLY great job! As far as family pics go, I like the first one you posted or the 3rd or 5th one. I also like the last family picture with you right next to the river and the sun right behind you. That's really cool. I would probably pick the 3rd or 5th one to do huge on your wall though. The light is awesome and it is a great close up of all of you. You can always print the others as well and put them elsewhere in your house. You have lots of great ones to choose from and I'm so happy for you that they turned out so great. I don't think it is a silly thing to pray about at all. You always want your picture experience to go well!

Sierra said...

I have what is becoming a crazy amount of family pictures on my walls...but I can't seem to take any of them out of their frames or put them away. I'm not the person to ask which one to pick ;). But if you want one big one, I really liked the second one of all of you on the grass...I think it was the second one. All of them are great!!

Ashley Calaway said...

Sarah did an amazing job! So cute!! You look gorgeous (as always) and the kids look so cute. How fun! Good family pictures are the best :)