Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jensen Family Reunion

This year the Jensen family reunion was in Utah. The 11-12 hour drive (with all our stops) was not my friend and I have decided I am never traveling again! (I'm sure that will wear off when I want to go somewhere again.) The reunion part was fun though!

Our home base was my mom's brother's house where we had some delicious meals, chatted, and played some volleyball. The kids got to play in the sand box and jump on the trampoline which Darcy loved. We went to an aquatic center where Darcy and Ezra both loved playing in the water.

We went to a little park up in the mountains where we had a barbeque, spent more time chatting, the guys and some girls played ladder ball and bocce ball, and we had races. This was all my brother Luke's idea because he has always been a speed demon and he was sure he could still beat everyone, but somewhere close to the start of the race he pulled a hammy. So I guess we'll never know if he is still the fastest one in the group. Drew was in the lead for the guys race but tripped and rolled right before the finish line. :) Lots of mishaps. I won the girls race. I decided to use a period instead of exclamation mark so that I would seem more humble. Did it work?

Drew went golfing a couple times but got a cold (It seems like he always gets sick when we're traveling.) so he didn't play racquetball with the guys which he usually loves. We went swimming another time. Some people went to Jump On It the trampoline place. We went to a little splash pad for the kids, and Drew and I got to play tennis with Luke and Natalie. We went shopping. We had family pictures taken. We got to do lots of fun things, but best of all we got to spend time with our family that we love so much! I was so excited for Darcy to get to play with her cousins and I think she had a great time with them.

 I can't believe it, but I forgot to take my camera so all these pictures were taken with Drew's phone.

 Luke, Michael, my mom, Darcy, Ashley, and Whitney at the aquatic center.

 It felt like we were constantly trying to get Ezra to sleep. His eyes were red and swollen the whole trip. While I was swimming with Darcy at my parents' hotel Drew took Ezra for a walk to get him to sleep and they happened upon this duck family.

 Ezra loved this toy at my uncle's house. While he was playing on it Darcy came over and got into this pose and asked me to take a picture. Ha.

 Too much of this in the car.

   Not enough this.

No comments: