Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas at Home

This year was our first attempt at doing Christmas at our house. Really we were just home for a few hours before bed on Christmas Eve and then a few hours the next morning. I don't know if it will ever work to really have a more significant time at home for Christmas. We just have so many other great places to be! Drew and I really loved getting to have Santa come to our house for the first time. This would have been my parents' first Christmas at their house without any little kids around, so they joined us for the excitement here, which made it even more exciting for our kids.
 I asked Darcy if she wanted to go sit on Santa's lap this year or if she just wanted to write him a letter. She wholeheartedly chose to write a letter! I thought the letter was so sweet. She only asked for silly putty for herself, but she asked for a scooter and a big wheel for her brother Ezra. Ezra didn't get either of those things, which luckily didn't seem to bother her, but she did get her silly putty and it was the thing she was most excited about! She walked into the living room on Christmas morning, looked around, spotted her little silly putty egg and yelled, "My silly putty! Santa got my letter!"

 She also got a teepee (which about killed Santa's pregnant helper to make because of all the crawling around on the floor involved.) :)

 Darcy and Ashley doing a little camping in the teepee.

 Ezra scored some new trains and a train track which he absolutely loves. He plays with it forever, much to my delight! I assumed I would be building tracks for him all the time, but he figured out quickly how to build them himself, and he doesn't need my help at all.

 My dad playing with the kids and the train track.

Ashley modeling her cute new scarf.

There was a note on our table from Santa telling Drew and me that our gift was outside. We were so excited to find a trampoline in our back yard! (Another doozy for Santa's helpers!) The kids were equally as excited. :)

No comments: