Thursday, September 15, 2016

Christensen Camping Trip

For one last summer hoorah we went on a little camping trip with Drew's family. We spent two nights camping. I was really worried about how I would sleep because especially when I'm pregnant I struggle to sleep anywhere besides my own bed. I also tend to be extra nauseous when I'm too tired so all of those things had me a bit worried. In the end I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of sleep I got even despite the crazy wind the first night. It was really hot when we first got there in the middle of the first afternoon, and after a couple hours of that heat I started to feel pretty sick and I wondered if I was dealing with some kind of heat exhaustion, but I laid down for a while a while and drank lots of water and I survived. The rest of the time we were in swimming suits and had more access to the water so I didn't overheat that seriously after that first day.

 The first night after dinner we headed to the water for the kids to play a bit and cool off before bed. The sun had gone down behind the mountain and the water seemed too cold to me, but the kids were not deterred. They did come out shivering like crazy at the end though.


 Misty brought her paddleboard and gave the kids rides.



 The next day we headed to the river for some boating. Misty did her annual dive into the water from the tower.

 The kids took advantage of the breaks in tubing and wakeboarding to do some swimming.





 I don't know if Darcy has ever tubed with anyone driving but Drew and Grandpa Neil was the driver this time. He immediately started out faster than Drew has ever gone for her and she didn't last long at all. We realized we need to increase the intensity of her tube rides.

 I can't remember if this was Brayden's first or second time ever on a tube, but he loved it and was a very enthusiastic rider!

 A couple of handsome guys!


 Sharee and Grandma Becky had a turn.

 Parks and Raylee both fell asleep on the boat for a much needed, but still too short nap.

 Kevin brought this fishing boat and our kids had their first fishing experience. I wish I had been there to watch them because apparently they were pretty excited about it.


 I did some tubing with the boys. Parks cried for the first little while, calmed down for a bit and then fell asleep in my lap. 

 Tricky, tricky

 Parks fell asleep again on Grandma Becky's lap.

 Ezra almost fell asleep sitting up. Isn't camping so fun? :)





 Drew landed a 360.


Grandpa Neil and Parks

No comments: