Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Ezra's 5th Birthday Party

Ezra is a big five year old now! He is such a fun little guy and we love having him around. He told me a few days after his birthday, "It's fun being five!" I didn't realize that much had changed. :)

 It was Ezra's turn for his first friend birthday party. He chose a construction theme, and thanks to pinterest we came up with a few fun ideas to pull that off. He was so excited that it was his turn for a party and he asked me a hundred times that morning when his friends were going to be there. I really need to remember to have these parties in the morning instead of the afternoon to cut down on the painful wait time.


 I thought this construction zone seemed like a little boy's heaven.


 I kept chuckling to myself when the boys first got there comparing this party to Darcy's fifth birthday party. It was immediately more wild and energetic. I loved the sweetness of those little girls at Darcy's party, but this boy energy was really fun too! They each walked in and happily joined the balloon war going on in the living room.

 Cupcake construction (a.k.a eat as much frosting as you can)


 I just love this little smirk that is so Ezra. This was when everyone started singing happy birthday. He was happy about it and maybe a little bit shy about being the center of attention.


 Everyone was excited to help with the present opening. I love those two little guys in the hats. They kept escaping upstairs to find different dress up accessories every now and then.

 Then it was out to the construction site! It was a hot day and I started to worry that no one would really stay out there with the hot sun blaring straight down on them, but most of them stayed out there for a long time digging in the dirt and playing in the water tables.





 I love this shot of these cute muddy boys!

We had his party on Friday because we had a family reunion on Saturday which was his real birthday. He made sure over and over that we remembered that he wanted Krispy Kreme doughnuts for his birthday breakfast like Darcy had had the year before. So on his birthday morning we delivered and he was really happy about it!

No comments: