Monday, September 12, 2016

Silverwood

 At the beginning of August we met up with some of our friends at Silverwood. Darcy and the other kids in school had completed a reading challenge during the school year that got them a free ticket, so we took advantage of going without paying for that one ticket. :) It was a fun day with friends that our kids are still talking about. Ezra even asked if we could go back the next day. I was so warn out (I blame pregnancy) I couldn't even imagine how he could think that was a good idea no matter how much fun it was.

All day the dads were trying to convince the older kids to go on the roller coasters and the kids were adamantly declining. After going on a water ride that soaked us we suggested that Darcy and Marley go on the Round-Up to dry off. We were all kind of amazed when they decided that was a good idea. Drew went with them and they loved it. They went twice. While they were riding it the second time the rest of us went over to a car ride with the little kids and the next thing we knew Drew was going on the roller coaster right by us with the two girls! He had somehow convinced them that if they could do the Round-Up they could easily handle the roller coaster. I just can't believe Darcy ever agreed to that, but I was really excited that she did. Both girls cried a little during the ride and swore they would never do it again. We have made a big deal of their bravery since though and Darcy is relaxing about it a little. We have hope that she will try it again some day. Ezra was so sad that he wasn't tall enough for the roller coasters, and we're (especially Drew) looking forward to the day he can have his turn.
 I handed my camera to Steve so I could ride this ride, but he actually ended up riding in another elephant with Parks but he still had my camera. I love this picture and I'm happy that it was documented that I was actually there for the fun. 

 We passed a little stand that had these cool hats for sale.


 The airplanes were a hit.

 Marley and Andrew battling in the bumper boats. This was right after I so generously nailed Andrew in the back of the head with a big squirt gun from the sidelines. I have regretted it ever since. :)

 Tiffany and Olivia

 Steve and Kylee battling Cody

 Ezra and Olivia

 Darcy loved the little kids train roller coaster!

 I love Ezra's face in this one.

 And Steve's in this one!

 It was a really intense ride for these guys!


 We were eating when everyone else was riding bumper boats before, but our kids wanted to try it so we went later. Darcy drove her own boat but struggled in the beginning to control it. She was just spinning in crazy circles on and on. Drew had taken off the other way, but when he passed me I pointed him in her direction and he went and helped her get it figured out just as she was about to lose it from frustration.

 Parks and Allison on the helicopter.

No comments: