Friday, November 10, 2017

First Day of School 2017

Darcy started third grade this year. Her teacher is Mrs. Becker and she is learning so much and loving it. Previous years have been significantly more difficult so I am very happy about that! Darcy had another teacher in mind for this year that she had really wanted. I was crossing my fingers she would get her choice to make this school year start a little easier, but when the letter came she didn't get that first choice and we found out her first choice had actually moved to teaching second grade. When I read through the placement letter it talked about how carefully the staff considers which kids should be with which teachers. I know it says that on every letter, but the people in the office and the different teachers she's had really do know her and her struggles and that brought me a lot of peace. I was sure they had truly considered where to put her carefully. I told Darcy what the letter said and my feeling about that and she agreed and seemed to be happy with having Mrs. Becker after all. Since we're a couple months in now I feel more than ever like that was the best choice for her.

Ezra started kindergarten. His teacher is the world's greatest kindergarten teacher Mrs. Stowe. He had a rough start, not wanting to leave mom every morning. Thankfully it didn't take him too long to adjust and by now he's going like a champ and even letting me drop him off by the curb in the morning instead of parking and walking to his line with him. With two other little ones and winter rearing its ugly head I am so glad I don't have to get us all out of the car anymore! It was hard for me to send another kid off to school and not have him home with me every day, but it is exciting to see all that he is learning.

No comments: