Monday, November 20, 2017

Floating the Canal

At the end of August Luke came up with the brilliant plan to float the canal that's just across the road from my parents' house. We did it quite a bit when we were kids, but hadn't done it for years. Luke was in charge of tying the rope up to help us all get out, which I think was always his job when we were kids too. The water was COLD like it always is and Ezra and Parks started to panic when we first got in, but eventually they calmed down and we all had fun. Darcy especially loved it and went a second time with Luke, Nick, Cavan, and Ashley. I love it when my kids get to have hillbilly adventures like this like I had growing up.


 This was maybe when Darcy started giggling and couldn't stop for quite a while.

 Getting splashed by Nick


 We all enjoyed the way Ashley wore her life jacket

 I went to take some pictures of Darcy and Ashley but Darcy was being a jokster and posing in all sorts of silly ways.


The bugs were a little crazy so everyone was holding their hand up to get them out of their face.


No comments: