Friday, June 19, 2009

4th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 4th anniversary. We have tried in the past to plan a full day of activites for our anniversaries because Drew usually takes a day off work so we like to make the most of our one day. This year, however, we both completely forgot about it until the day before, and we didn't have any time to plan. We ended up just doing a few random things. In the morning we went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get Drew a golf club he has been wanting. I want a rocking chair when this baby comes so I opted not to have any presents and save money for my chair.

Drew ended up going to work and just coming home a little bit early so we could go to dinner. We went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse which Drew has always wanted to try. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into and were fairly shocked by the prices we saw on the menu. Although Drew thought his steak was the best he has ever had he decided it still was not worth the money. I am too ashamed to say how much we spent! I had Drew take a picture of us outside the steakhouse with his phone, but when I saw the picture and realized just how fat my face has gotten I burst into tears and made him delete it. He insisted it was just the angle. :) When we got home we had sparkling cider and strawberries dipped in chocolate. We took another picture which wasn't much better than that first one because my makeup had been washed off from crying and my eyes were a little puffy and red. For some strange reason I will post it anyway. A post just isn't as fun without a picture. :) Happy Anniversary to us!!

5 comments:

Laura Howe said...

happy anniversary, isn't it funny how those kind of thing get forgotten. We almost forgot ours this year too. You look great for just having cried. And your face looks great.:)

Tiff said...

Your face is not fat at all! Happy anniversary! I hope you guys are doing well!

megan said...

aw that looks romantic!!! your face does NOT look puffy at all! You guys look great! Happy Anniversary!

Kristen and Alex said...

I can't believe you have been married 4 years already. WOW! Good time to have a baby! And your face does not look fat. It is just your pregnancy brain speaking. You look GREAT! I can't wait to see the little girl. Only 6 weeks left! SO EXCITING!

Kemp and Whitney said...

Can I get your address so we can send you something for your little one?