Monday, July 6, 2009

Segway Tour

Drew's parents flew in this Wednesday and for the past four days Drew and I have toured our way around Pennsylvania with them. We got to see and do so many fun things. I'm going to have a post for each of the four major places we went. This one is the Segway post.

Thursday morning we got up and headed into downtown Philadelphia for a tour on Segways. I was a little bit nervous to try one of these things out for the first time when I'm almost 8 months pregnant, but I'm so happy I did. They were much easier to control than I thought they would be. Drew decided he wants one...surprise, surprise. They are totally balanced and you basically just stand and lean with your hips to control them. We didn't end up seeing some of the major attractions in downtown Philly that we thought we were going to, but I guess there are only so many places you can take a Segway. It ended up being mostly a tour of all the big buildings. We did get to see the Rocky statue and stairs though.


Drew riding around on his Segway.


In front of the Rocky statue.


Drew and I on our Segways!

3 comments:

Caralee and Jon said...

Look at you missy!! 8 months already! Wow! So exciting! Don't go into early labor! At least for 3 more weeks!

Mr. & Mrs. Martinez said...

Those Segways look like so much fun!

Jennes said...

Wow, I am totally jealous! I have always wanted to ride a segway. I saw people doing that in DC years ago and have thought it would be a fun way to go. Maybe you will need an 'activity' after I get there to keep your mind off the waiting ;) probably not I suppose, but anyway it looks fun, fun!