Monday, September 14, 2009

Is It My Birthday?!

I've been wondering if I miscalculated and today is my birthday, because Darcy has been giving me the best present ever all day long. Smiles! She started smiling last week, but it wasn't until today that I knew for sure she was smiling at me. I got her out of bed this morning and she immediately shot me a big grin, and she hasn't stopped ever since. It's the best! Not only that, but she slept really well last night so I could get some much needed rest, and she has taken two good long naps so I have been able to get a lot done around the house. I'm just sure it must be my birthday!! :)

I was so excited to get video proof. I highly recommend and appreciate if you would turn off your sound so you don't hear me sounding like an idiot. Believe me I tried to get her to do it without me talking but it just didn't work. P.S. I got her onesie at target for 98 cents! What a steal.
She even let me get a picture. What a poser. :)
I decided to add a couple extra pictures just for fun. I have been trying to get a picture like this for a while now. After she eats and I'm burping her over my shoulder she is soo wide-eyed and curious. I wish you could see the color of her eyes better. I know they will probably change, but at the moment they are the most amazing kind of dark sea blue, which makes these wide-eyed moments ever better.
This picture cracks me up. I just thought everyone should get to see her toned physique!

7 comments:

Jennes said...

I love these pictures Lindsey! I love the smiles and had a good chuckle over her phisique! She's wonderful!

Haley Webb said...

Hilarious! I love her chub. Although, did you notice that her arms look like she has some serious muscles? She must be working out!

Haley Webb said...

I just watched the video again, and I think at the beginning of her smile it reminds me of Nick for some reason. Anyone else?

Heidi said...

I know it is late but Happy Birthday. She is so adorable, I can not believe how big she is getting. We miss you guys and hope all is going well.

Kristen and Alex said...

Those smiles are the best, especially after those difficult crying episodes and long nights. They really make up for everything and just melt your heart. I'm sorry about the gas. Delson was a colicky baby for about 3 months he had terrible trouble with gas, so I know exactly how you feel. And No...don't ever feel like you are alone. There are still times when I feel like I am a bad mother and Delson makes me cry, but it is an emotionally trying time in our lives, but a wonderfully joyous one at the same time. Keep up the good work. You are a fabulous mother, Lindsey! Darcy is adorable. I can't wait to see her in person. Are you going to be visiting Mattawa over Christmas?

farrers said...

Super cute baby rolls!!! I hope she is being better and happier! I totally know how frustrating it can be when your baby cries for hours like that everyday. Anyway I also like your green carpet;)!

Sam said...

She is so chubby and adorable.