Thursday, September 24, 2009

Miscellaneous

Nothing very serious has been going on around here, so here are just a few random things that have happened recently.
Darcy has gone from crying for three hours every night to crying for one hour, which still isn't very fun, but it feels much better. A lady in our ward studies babies for a living (we hit the jackpot there) and I talked to her about these crying episodes. She says that Darcy sounds like the classic case of just needing to release energy before she sleeps. She has no control over her body at this point so the only way to do that is to cry. It is nice to feel like we at least know why she is crying. We just hold her and let her cry. Fun huh!? :) The other night she had just started her nightly crying episode when Drew walked in the door. Not long after her took her from me she fell asleep on his shoulder. It must have just seemed like too much work to do all that crying that night. It was so cute! I guess she was just waiting for her Dad so she could fall asleep.
I just love these pictures over our shoulders with her eyes wide open, so here's another one. The main comment we are getting from people these days is, "Look at those cheeks!" I'm sure you're all thinking the same thing. We love kissing these cheeks!!
This summer my friend Jamie had this awesome water bottle from REI that I coveted. I wanted one so bad but I couldn't justify spending the money for it. I'm just too cheap! I had told Drew about it, so he knew I was in the market for a water bottle and he went on the hunt (the free hunt of course). First, he won a survival kit at one of his APX meetings and was so excited to bring me the water bottle from it. I was excited too. When we got to Pittsburgh he found a water bottle he'd gotten from BYU-I for graduation and decided that one was better so he gave that one to me. Last week he went to a job fair and got an even better water bottle from a company there and rushed it home to me. Then at the beginning of this week he hit the jackpot! At a meeting for internships he spotted a table across the room with camelback water bottles on it. He rushed over and snatched one up. He was so proud when he walked in with that in his hand, and let me tell you...I love it!! It actually is almost exactly like the water bottle Jamie had, and it was free. AWESOME!

I thought it was so cute and thoughtful how excited Drew was to find these for me. Water bottles are better than flowers I decided!

4 comments:

Haley Webb said...

How great to learn that there is a reason for all her distress, maybe you can really tire her out during the day, and she won't have to tire you out instead :)

Haley Webb said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, her cheeks are hilarious. I busted out laughing when I saw her pic. Is Drew sleeping in the first pic too? She is getting cuter by the minute.

JaMie said...

Haha That is such a funny story! I miss you! Darcy is such a cutie pie kiss face! Love the picts! I want to see your house!

Laura Howe said...

That is so nice of Drew. :) Water bottle are so much better than flowers, you are right.