Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2 Months

Darcy is two months old today. Crazy right!? She is getting big really fast. It's so much fun to watch her change and have her interact with us a little more all the time.

Things we want to remember about Darcy's second month:

-14 lbs. 12 oz.! 23 1/2 inches. Almost twice her birth weight.

-People always guess she is around 4-6 months old instead of 2!

-Loves diaper changing time! That's when she smiles the most.

-Really happy in the morning.

-She is getting really good at holding her head up during tummy time. The doctor said she will be rolling over by four months. She's already starting to try.

-Her three hours of crying at night has now gotten down to 15 minutes!

-Making lots of cute baby noises.

-Loves taking a bath and is starting to kick in the water. Hates getting out.

I made these blocks for her wall but they were still not up so I decided to take a picture of her with them just for fun.
Darcy at 2 months in her cute ladybug outfit my mom got her. We have kind of nicknamed her "bug" because she has so many clothes with ladybugs on them.
A close up. I don't know what was with the lighting. Maybe some day I'll figure out how to work my camera. :)

I took her to the doctor yesterday for her two month well baby checkup and forgot they had told me she was going to have shots (I know, how brain-dead could I be). I was not prepared. I need to have some time to prepare myself mentally for these things. It was so horrible. It completely broke my heart. I was trying to be tough, but I ended up bawling anyway. It just killed me because she was laying there on the table and I was talking to her and she was smiling and making cute baby noises and then BAM! Then she started screaming. She was starting to calm down again when they hit her with the next one. They did it three times!! They have just got to figure out how to do all that in one shot. I hate that she doesn't know what's going on. I can just hear her saying "Mom, why are you letting them do this to me? I thought you loved me!!" It still breaks my heart to think about it. I just wanted to cuddle with her the rest of the day. The whole rest of the day she took really long naps that I had to wake her up from to eat, and I could hear her whimpering in her sleep...soo sad. I have always hated shots, but it was ten times worse to have my baby get poked.
I'm pretty sure it was worse for me than for her and I know that was a really dramatic paragraph and that it really was for her own good, but it really was sad for me.

3 comments:

WHITNEY said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!! I CANT TELL WHO SHE LOOKS LIKE!!

Sam said...

She is such an adorable like chuck! I love looking at pictures of her. Aren't you amazed at how fast they change and grow?

Jennes said...

Lindsey I think it is actually better than you forgot, because you would have been a basketcase for days before, worrying about having the shots :) Dr. R.'s nurse is the shot champion. She gets all three ready to go then bam, bam, bam, she does them so quickly that it is almost like doing it all in one. Still not fun, but it seems to get it all over more quickly.