Sunday, June 30, 2013

Jensen Family Reunion

 This year the kids and I went to the Jensen family reunion in Boise. Drew was on a work trip in DC. We were sad he wasn't with us, but we did have lots of fun with my mom's side of the family.

Ashley stayed in our hotel room with us, and it was really nice for me to have her help and of course my kids always love to have her around. She slept with Darcy. I had a pack n' play for Ezra to sleep in, but the little mattress part is really warped. I thought it seemed like it would be really uncomfortable so I didn't have the heart to put him in it, and he slept with me for the first time in his life. He is a crazy sleeper!! He moved all night long. Every night when he would get in bed he would go crazy running around the bed and laughing and being silly. The first night he was being silly and I finally told him he needed to lay down. He did lay down but he just couldn't lay still. He squirmed and squirmed until eventually he flopped over and laid on his back with his head on my chest. After a minute there he was fast asleep. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud. I feel sorry for his future wife. Haha.

 My crazy sleeping buddy who loved his first hotel experience.

 Darcy is finally (now that she is almost four) starting to be a good sleeper. She would keep sleeping in the mornings even when the rest of us were up making noise. 

 We went to the Boise zoo the first morning and got to see some cool animals. We also ran into a friend we grew up with in Mattawa which was a crazy coincidence. Matthew is a real animal lover unlike my kids. I thought this picture of him with his face pressed up against the glass was so funny.

 We paid a little extra to go feed the giraffe. They gave us some lettuce to feed him. Darcy refused to feed him. I fed him some lettuce and then put some in Ezra's hand and held his hand up to the giraffe's mouth. He was fine until right as the giraffe took the food from him, and then he lost his mind! He was horrified about what had just happened and wanted to get away fast. 

 Most of the group at the giraffe encounter. If you look closely you can see Ezra's horror.

 This was probably the best part for my kids. The fake animals. :) 

 Here we are with the red panda. For not being much of an animal lover myself, I have to admit that little guy was pretty cute!

 With the lions.

 The reunion was at my Aunt Karen's house and she had an awesome little spot in her back yard for the kids to play in the dirt. Darcy got to play with my cousin's little girl Brynne and she loved her to pieces. We are excited that they will get to see each other again pretty soon at Emily's wedding.

 The group eating and talking.

 The last day we went to this little lake that someone turned into a little beach area and my kids loved it there! Darcy had so much fun in the water.

 Cute little beach comber.

 Matthew and Ezra playing in the sand.

 My grandparents at the beach.

 There was a park right there and Matthew and Ezra had fun with the steering wheels.

 Ezra was determined to swing on this hot swing.

 I thought this facial expression was funny.

 Ezra and my Grandpa enjoying their apples. Ezra loved that stroller and wanted to push it everywhere.

 Darcy wrote this in the sand and we sent it to Drew since we weren't with him on Father's Day.

As we left the reunion these two crashed immediately from all the action.

We also went hiking on the second day but all those pictures are on my mom's camera. It was a fun hike, but I spent the second half carrying Ezra because he was too tired. I was pretty tired by the time we got to the top too. Darcy did awesome and hiked most of the way with a few little piggy back rides from Nick.

We had so much fun visiting my family and I am reminded again and again how blessed I am to be a part of such amazing families and for the good people that make up those families. I am so lucky to have so many great examples and so many people who love me and my little family and who make us better and happier.

No comments: