Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween

 Ever since last Halloween Darcy had her heart set on being Elsa this year. She got an Elsa dress for Christmas and I was thankful for that since that ended up being the simplest costume this year. Ezra had his heart set on being Jake the pirate and I though that seemed like a really simple costume for me to throw together. I decided Cubby, Jake's sidekick, would be fun for a costume for Parks. I assumed that would be another simple and quick costume. They really were simple costumes, but I kept having little hiccups and they ended up taking up so much of our lives and pretty much all of my patience for the week leading up to Halloween. I have vowed to never sew again.

Every other year we have done some quick trick-or-treating around our neighborhood and then raced off to Mattawa to see family and generally to spend the night. Since Halloween was on Saturday this year and we had church the next morning we decided to just stay home this year. It was sad not to go see our family, but on the other hand it was really pretty fun to let the kids trick-or-treat as long as they felt like it. Unfortunately Parks woke up with croup on Halloween morning, so he rode in the car with Drew to watch the action. Darcy and Ezra were both really excited and I had fun watching their fun.
 Carving pumpkins

 Darcy's pumpkin was missing it's two bottom teeth just like her. Ezra's had a bat mouth.

 We went to our ward trunk-or-treat and Ezra got to try the sling shot.

 Ezra dressed up for three different occasions this year and by the third time he did not want us to make his hair black. I was going to take pictures so we bribed him and he requested that Drew would be the one to do it instead of me. We all laughed at how that turned out.

 Darcy was doing an Elsa pose and the boys thought they were supposed to do something with their hand too.



 I planned on having Drew make a pirate sword for Ezra, but he never got around to it and he was happy enough to have whatever this ninja turtle weapon is instead.

 This duo was killing me with their cuteness. 



It rained on us on Halloween so Elsa wanted to use this fancy umbrella for her pictures. At one point the wind caught it and it almost flew out of her hand which really made her laugh, which was perfect for this picture.

No comments: