Monday, November 2, 2015

Oregon Zoo

A couple weeks ago Drew had a work trip in Portland for a few days. I told my friend Melissa where he was going to be and she asked if we would be interested in picking him up on Friday when he was done and going to the Oregon zoo with them. I am always anxious to see him by the end of these trips so going to pick him up sounded great and I was sure our kids would love a day at the zoo with their kids. Drew vetoed a trip to a different zoo a couple weeks before that, but since he was already going to be in Portland he decided it sounded like a good plan. Melissa's husband was such a trooper and offered to take all four of the bigger kids in their van with him. Melissa and her baby rode with Parks and me. We chatted the whole time which I always love and the babies got a little nap, and somehow they survived in the other car. :)

We saw lots of cool animals and had a really fun day at the zoo with friends with only a few minor meltdowns. We stopped at Red Robin for dinner and the kids all fell asleep right away on the drive home.




























No comments: