Monday, June 21, 2010

Beach

I have been dying to get in the water this year. I do not love humidity. I think if you live in a humid place the only way it is comfortable to be outside in the summer is to be in the water. Some friends in our ward told us about a lake close by where they brought in sand to make a little beach area. Saturday we packed up and headed to "the beach." It was nice and hot so it was a good day to go. There ended up being lots of people there and most of them were a little sketchy. I thought it was OK but Drew was pretty unimpressed so I don't know if we'll be going back, but it was fun to go give it a shot, and once again Darcy loved the water.
Darcy has always been really sensitive to the sunlight since she was born. She seems really bothered by it so that is why I bought her sunglasses in the first place. Over the last few months though she would always pull them off. Just last week I tried them on her again when we went for a walk and she reached up and touched them and slowing took her hand away and left them on. She has been wearing them ever since. She finally realized she can keep her eyes open in the sun this way.
At the beach with her shades on again.
Playing in the water with Drew.
We were laughing at how she was sitting with her feet crossed on the blanket while she was having a snack.
She has lots of curl in her hair when it's wet. I wanted to get a picture of the little pile of curls on the top of her head.

No comments: