Monday, June 21, 2010

Drew's First Father's Day!

Yesterday was Drew's first Father's Day and according to him, and I quote, "It exceeded all of my greatest expectations!" Haha! So I guess it was successful. To start off the day we had some German pancake. They were delish! While Drew was upstairs getting ready for church I snuck his present downstairs. When he came down and saw it I snapped a picture of his reaction. It turns out the reaction I got was not the right one because he didn't even notice it at first he just saw I had the camera so he was just being crazy for a picture. :) Is the suspense killing you? It was a little grill! Maybe it's not that exciting to everyone else, but he was really excited and surprised and I am pretty excited to have it too. So I secretly had some steaks marinading in a marinade I found online that was called "the best steak marinade in existence." After church Drew grilled our steaks and we actually ended up believing the title of that marinade. They were awesome!

Drew's other present was just a picture of Darcy I took a couple days before. I was being so sneaky about it and feeling really proud of myself, but on our anniversary when he was setting up the camera for a picture he went through the pictures on the camera and saw them and I was pretty bummed. Oh well I guess. He still thought they were so cute.

I have always thought the world of my dad, and because of him I have always had a soft spot in my heart for dads. They are the best. I don't know if there is anything sweeter than a man who loves his babies/kids and treats them that way. I had no idea how into being a dad Drew would be and he has "exceeded all of my greatest expectations!" I feel so lucky and grateful that my kids will all have him as their dad, and he had to learn from someone so I am giving his dad some major credit too. I am so happy Drew had such a great example. We are both lucky enough to have two grandpas each that are awesome and brothers and friends that are great dads too. Happy Father's Day to all you fabulous fathers out there!!!
Drew's fake reaction when he came down the stairs.
Drew with Darcy before church.
When Drew first lit the grill up Darcy crawled over and touched it. We did not realize it would be so hot so fast so we weren't being that careful. She burned her hand and we felt SO bad! So then she had to stay inside and she was not very happy about it. Here she is looking longingly at Drew outside grilling.
I saw a tutorial on a blog about how to fold napkins like a man's dress shirt. Aren't these awesome! Here is the link, you will have to copy and paste it because it's not working to just add the link: http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2010/06/fold-napkin-shirt-for-fathers-day.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HowAboutOrange+%28How+About+Orange%29
Here is the picture of Darcy that I took for Father's Day.

3 comments:

Laura Howe said...

HA Ha! You are so awesome!, I love the napkin, such a nice touch.

Kemp and Whitney said...

Love the pic of your little one. So cute!

Caralee and Jon said...

First of all I love the pic of your baby girl in the guitar case!! So cute! Great idea! You are so creative with the napkin too!