Monday, July 27, 2015

4th of July

We have had lots of fun things to do this summer, but I have spent every holiday or vacation teetering between enjoying the fun and feeling completely exhausted. I've almost come to terms with the fact that that's probably how it will be for me forever. I struggle without enough sleep, but my kids are eating these things up and loving all the action. The fourth of July was no exception.

I spent more time than usual thinking about how truly blessed we are to live in this amazing, free country. I am so grateful for the people throughout our history who have fought and sacrificed for our freedom.
 The epitome of Freedom!

 After the flag raising and pancake breakfast at the park, we decided last minute to go out on the boat for a bit. It was nice and hot so Haley, Darcy, and Ashley jumped in the water right away. Darcy had been into making these cool faces lately.

 After I had taken a turn wakeboarding I decided the water felt nice enough that I could stay in and swim with Darcy for a while.

 Lack of sleep eventually caught up to Parks.

 I had the wrong lens on at this point, but this is Haley wakeboarding.


 Ashley worked on learning to wakeboard.

 Luke hadn't been wakeboarding for, I think he said, eight years. You would have never known it though. Just like riding a bike I guess.

 I thought this was an awesome shot because you can see how hard Drew carves. He's practically sitting on the water!


 When I looked at this picture close up I had to laugh when I realized Darcy had decided to make another great face for this picture.

 When we got back to Drew's parents' house Grandma Becky set up the bubble machine.

 Thankfully, I got a nap in before we headed over to the Gallacci's for the party. Parks was wearing a white shirt, so I made him a cool bib out of a napkin for him to eat his watermellon.

 The guys and a couple girls (Not including me. I'm such a terrible shot.) spent hours shooting clay pigeons. This was a typical moment of Drew gloating about how amazing he is. :)
 Jack broke his leg riding motorcycles in Moab a few weeks ago, but he still joined the party outside.


 Ezra was excited and determined to be outside to watch the shooting games, but deep down he was a tiny bit nervous. I thought it was so sweet that he went and cuddled up to Darcy for a little comfort. We've had our fair share of fighting between these two lately, so seeing that when it really comes down to it they can count on each other, it so wonderful for me.

 Check out all that amunition!

 Parks was happy enough to be outside for all the shooting too. Of all our kids, he has been the least affected by loud noises. I thought it would be nice to protect his hearing a little so I gave him some ear muffs and he liked them for a while. Then he wanted them off. Then he wanted them on. Etc. etc. etc.

No comments: