Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

My dad's brother Dale and his brother Alan and his family came to Washington over Memorial Day weekend and it was so fun to see them. My grandma keeps threatening everyone that her time is coming and they better come see her, so there have been lots of fun visitors lately. (We don't like that thought at all, but that is kind of a typical funny Grandma thing to do so it cracks me up a little.) My parents were cutting down some trees at their house which is a favorite past time for my dad and his brothers, so that was another reason for them to come.
 My dad working on the tree project


 My grandma and my cousin Spencer's wife Rachel

 Boyd was in charge of backing in the dump truck with this long trailer. I was glad no one put me in charge of that.

 
 Uncle Alan ran the excavator a lot of the time. 

 Uncle Dale chatting with Drew

 Darcy thought this leaf in her ear was pretty fancy.

 Ezra had fun unrolling and rolling my mom's new rug.

 What do kids do who don't have a grandpa with a porta potty business and a tower of toilet paper boxes? :)

 Grandma and Darcy giggling about something.

 Dale and Alan

 My cousin Caitlin's husband Spencer took Ezra's motorcycle for a spin.

 Uncle Alan teaching Spencer a thing or two about how to run the excavator.

 The ladies (with a little help from Spencer) worked on a craft in the back yard.

 Rachel and Spencer

 These guys were so cute with my kids.

 The water was very refreshing!




 Cold!

 Caitlin and Spencer

 We weren't getting much sleep that weekend and Ezra couldn't take it anymore. He laid down on a towel, covered his face, and conked out.

 Brotherly love





 Drake and Lainey


 These guys didn't bring swimming suits, so found some old ones of Drew and his brothers that we all got a kick out of. Boyd looked especially good in his with his cut off sleeves and those cool shoes.

 Spencer chose the shortest ones he could find and put on his cowboy boots as the final touch.

 This was actually on Memorial Day when we piled my whole family and Drew's whole family on the boat. This picture of Parks cracks me up. Those life jackets are so miserable for the little ones!


I couldn't get a good picture of it, but there was a double rainbow after a quick rain storm on Memorial Day. Drew went crazy about it, like the guy on the youtube video and our kids were getting so excited and worked up about it right along with him. Now I'm pretty sure they will be crazy about a double rainbow for the rest of their lives. :)

No comments: